1. Our products explained
Next day - by 10:30 - our premium time-critical parcel
delivery arrives at the start of the working day, when there is someone
in the office to sign for it.
Next day - by 12:00 - for those urgent parcel deliveries that require attention before lunch.
Our next day service is for parcel delivery in the UK before close of business the following working day.
Saturday delivery includes by 10:30 and by 12:00 to extend your working week.
2. Your invoice explained
An additional charge of £25 will be made for Interlink Express consignments for Customs clearance for non-EU destinations such as Switzerland, subject to terms of shipment.
Why has the consignment weight been increased on the invoice?
If it is an Interlink Express consignment, please check the dimensions of the parcel sent, as the volumetric weight will apply if greater than the actual weight. Domestic consignments are often check-weighed and if the weight is found to be inaccurate on the consignment note, it will be amended by the depot staff.
Why is there a discrepancy between my invoice and my quoted rate?
If the discrepancy is 50p, please check the delivery postcode as there is a congestion charge for consignments delivered in some areas of London. The postcodes affected are W1, EC1, EC2, EC3, EC4, WC1, WC2, SW1, SE1 and SE11.
Why have all consignments been charged at a higher rate than usual?
It is likely that an annual price increase has been applied. This is an automatic procedure, which will be advised in writing by central sales. Please contact us and we can advise if this is the case and put you in contact with central sales if further information is required.
What is your fax number?
Either 0844 824 0559 or 0121 647 0871.
How do I query an invoice?
Your first point of contact is the name shown at the top of your invoice.
You can contact us in a number of ways:
- You can complete the query form on this website by clicking here
- The direct telephone number of each query clerk can be found at the top of your invoice
- You can fax your queries to us on either 0844 824 0559 or 0121 647 0871
Before contacting us with a billing query, please check your quote to ensure that the product and service used has been specifically quoted for. Any product and/or service used, which is not specifically quoted for, will be charged at UK tariff rate.
The general email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I make a claim?
Following loss or damage to a consignment, you may wish to make a claim for the value of the goods. Details of transit liability can be found in the UK tariff and on the main Interlink Express website by clicking here.
The claim must be logged within 14 days of the date of dispatch and a formal claim must be made within 28 days.
If you have not received a claim form, please contact your local depot. They will issue a registered claim form and a reference number, specific to the consignment affected.
For any existing claims, please contact the Claims department on either 0844 824 0514 on 01179 105008.
3. Glossary of terms
Account has been manually stopped by Cash Collection/Query Resolution clerk; please refer to the credit management department.
Account has automatically lapsed following three months of non-use; please refer to the credit management department.
Slid Machine (self label identification machine)
Installed in account holder's premises, enabling customer to produce their own consignment barcode labels.
Report of all consignments produced daily on the slid machines detailing product, service and destination.
Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Channel Isles, Isle of Man and Scottish Highlands and Islands. Offshore does not apply to mainland Europe.
Do I need to download anything to start shipping?
No, the website is available to use for anyone with a valid login.
What are the minimum system requirements for the ship@ease system?
The minimum system requirements for the ship@ease system are:
- An IBM compatible or MAC compatible with an internet connection. Windows 2000, XP, 7 or Vista operating systems.
- MAC OS 8 or higher on Apple Macintosh Compatible Systems.
How do I optimise my web browser to ensure correct use of the ship@ease system?
Set your browser to support the following settings:-
- Enable cookies
- Enable Graphics
- Enable Signed ActiveX controls (For thermal label printer)
When you log in to the Interlink Express website, a 'cookie' is passed to your browser to identify you to the Interlink Express website during subsequent transactions. It means that you will be given greater access to the site and default information can be used to auto complete certain pages.
The main purpose of cookies is to identify users and possibly prepare customised web pages for them. When you enter a website using cookies, you may be asked to fill out a form providing such information as your name and interests. This information is packaged into a cookie and sent to your Web browser which stores it for later use. The next time you go to the same website, your browser will send the cookie to the web server. The server can use this information to present you with custom web pages. So, for example, instead of seeing just a generic welcome page you might see a welcome page with your name on it.
I have logged on to the website but I cannot use the additional functionality.
To log in correctly to the Interlink Express website you must accept the 'cookie' that is sent by the Interlink web server.
Use your browser options to accept cookies from the www.interlinkexpress.com web site.
Can I use a different language format of Windows/Internet Explorer?
No, this needs to be Western European Windows.
How can I find out how this system works?
An online tutorial is available. Simply access via the tutorial button at the left hand pane of the page under 'Create Shipment'.
How are updates to the system communicated?
Updates will be applied and communicated online.
I am trying to navigate to different pages ? why does it keep asking me to log in?
If you cannot navigate to certain pages on the website i.e. when you click on a page it keeps asking you to login, press Ctrl and F5 to refresh the page, this is just your browser looking at old stored pictures.
Who do I contact regarding a fault with the website?
Please contact the IT Service Desk on 0121 500 2510.
What information do I require before contacting the IT Service Desk?
You will require your login and password, account number and example of the problem. You preferably need to be in front of your PC when you call.
What happens if I forget or lose my password?
Please call Sales Support on 0500 005 005.
How can I change my password?
On the home page there is an option under your login 'Change Your Password' click on this link and it will take you to a page where you can change your password.
How can I register?
Please call Sales Support on 0500 005 005 with your account number. We will then create you a profile.
How many log-ons can I have against a single account number?
How many account numbers can use the same log-on?
An unlimited number of accounts can be allocated to a single log-on. This allows a single log-on to track consignments for any of the accounts. This can be done by Central Sales Department who can be contacted on 0500 005 005.
How do I prevent former employees from using my company's internet logon and password?
You are empowered to change your password online. It is therefore your company's responsibility to entrust the usage of the logon details to individuals it feels will use them properly.
How do I maintain my log in details?
Under the login option on the website there is the option to change your password, click on this link and this will return to a screen that allows you to change the password for your Interlink Internet profile. To change your defaults use the my preferences section under E-Shipping, you will then be directed to your contact details.
Can I despatch parcels to International destinations?
Yes, in the 'create shipment' screen you have got the option to select countries, you will then need to select the required service from the drop down 'Product & Service' selection box. The product/service is dependent on the country you have chosen. If a particular service is not shown then this indicates that this option is not available for that country.
How can I change my service defaults?
You can change service defaults for shipping, label and collection options by clicking on 'E-Shipping' 'My Preferences' then click on 'Shipping Defaults' - remembering to click on 'Save' when you have made your changes.
What postcode do I use for the Republic of Ireland?
No postcode is required, you just need to select the Republic of Ireland in the country field and enter the address, leaving the postcode field blank.
What is the maximum weight for the 'parcel' service?
The maximum weight for a parcel is 30kg, after this weight the consignment must be sent on the 'freight' or 'pallet' service.
Can I remove my sender?s details from the label? Yes, click on 'E-Shipping', then click 'My Preferences' then 'Shipping Defaults' within this section there is an option to click a box next to 'Sender's Address on Label'. Tick or un-tick this whenever you require the details to be included or removed from label printing.
Do the order numbers appear on my invoice?
How do I check an invalid postcode?
If the system is saying that the postcode entered is invalid please check this postcode on the Royal Mail website: www.royalmail.com
What if no product/service is shown after entering the delivery address details?
No product/service usually indicates an issue with the postcode information entered. Double check the postcode ensuring it is in the correct postcode format and that it is valid.
The format of UK postcodes is generally:
where A signifies a letter and 9 a digit.
How do I change my collection address?
Your collection address can be changed by clicking on 'E-Shipping' then click 'My Interlink' and then 'Account Query' then 'Amend Account' In this section you are required to complete your account number, contact name, telephone and contact email. Select from the drop down options 'Account Address (collection)' then below enter your new details. This will then be forwarded to the relevant team to complete the changes. You can also use the additional amendment options to change any other information relating to your account under the following headings:
Account Address (Invoice)
Account Address (Statement)
How do I change my consignment details once the barcode label has been created?
Unfortunately you can't. The only option is to cancel that consignment and create a new one.
How do I add parcels to my consignment?
Select the consignment in 'history' and then select the 'Add' option at the bottom of the page.
How do I cancel a consignment?
You can cancel a consignment by firstly clicking on the 'View Shipment History' button and then selecting one of the references with the action status 'Raised'. If you then scroll down the page you can click on 'cancel'.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY CANCEL A CONSIGNMENT BEFORE YOU RUN THE MANIFEST
How do I re-print a parcel label if my original one gets damaged or lost?
Select the consignment in history and then select the 'Re-Create Labels' option at the bottom of the page.
5. Track It
How long will consignment details be available on the Internet?
Tracking information will be available for a minimum of 120 days.
How do Interlink Express restrict access so that a customer can only view their own consignments?
A customer profile is generated for each internet user. Each profile is loaded with the operating account numbers for the customer. By use of this profile a customer can view consignments raised against any one of their operating account numbers. This also prevents other companies from reviewing sensitive data that does not relate to them.
What are the minimum system requirements for the Interlink Express internet tracking system?
The minimum system requirements for the Interlink Express internet tracking system:
- An IBM compatible or Mac compatible with an internet connection.
- Windows XP, 2000, ME, 95, 98 or NT operating systems.
- Mac OS 7.6.1 or higher on Apple Macintosh compatible systems.
How do I optimise my browser to ensure correct usage of the Interlink Express internet tracking system?
Set your browser to support the following settings:
- Enable cookies
- Enable graphics
When you log in to the Interlink Express web site, a 'cookie' is
passed to your browser to identify you to the Interlink Express website
during subsequent transactions. It means that you will be given greater
access to the site and default information can be used to auto complete
The main purpose of cookies is to identify users and possibly prepare customised web pages for them. When you enter a website using cookies, you may be asked to fill out a form providing such information as your name and interests. This information is packaged into a cookie and sent to your web browser which stores it for later use. The next time you go to the same website, your browser will send the cookie to the web server. The server can use this information to present you with custom web pages. So, for example, instead of seeing just a generic welcome page you might see a welcome page with your name on it.
I am logging in to the Interlink Express website but I cannot use the additional functionality, why?
To log in correctly to the Interlink Express website you must accept the 'cookie' that is sent by the Interlink web server.
If you are using Netscape Communicator version 4, you can tell if your browser will accept cookies by choosing 'Edit | Preferences | Advanced', make sure the 'Accept All Cookies' is checked. You can turn off a warning to notify you that a cookie is being set by your browser as follows:
- On Netscape Communicator version 4, choose 'Edit | Preferences | Advanced' and make sure the 'warn me before accepting a cookie' is blank.
- On Netscape NavigatorTM 3.0, go to 'Options | Network Preferences | Protocols' and make sure the box next to 'Accepting a cookie' is blank.
How does the Interlink Express internet tracking system work?
The Interlink tracking system allows anyone to track a consignment number, consignment number, card reference, safe place card reference, message reference, collection request number or even a partner carrier reference. There are also advanced options for more detailed searches.
The Interlink tracking system when logged on does all of the above but brings back more detailed results according to the login account details. If you are logged in and track a consignment that is associated to your account then you will be able to view more details against that consignment, i.e. delivery details. If the consignment number is not assigned to that account then a standard tracking screen is retrieved.
How do I prevent former employees from using my company?s internet login and password?
You are empowered to change your password online. It is therefore your company's responsibility to entrust the usage of the log in details to individuals it feels will use them properly.
What happens if I forget or lose my password?
If either of these situations arise then you will need to contact email@example.com, send them your name, job title, company name, contact email address, contact telephone number, mobile if available, postcode/consignment number if applicable, subject, request a callback if required then a brief message. You will then be contacted with the details required.
- What is an exception?
An exception occurs when a consignment has been delayed in transit or has encountered a difficulty which prevents us from delivering it successfully to the recipient.
- What types of delivery exception are there and what is the exceptions management solution (EMS)?
There are many reasons why a consignment may be delayed or fail delivery. Some of these failures will resolve themselves automatically, while other failures may require your intervention, as we will need information from you, the shipper, about what to do next.
The EMS will proactively advise you of any delivery delays in the tab entitled 'For your information'. Undeliverable exceptions that require your intervention will be listed in the tab called 'Requires your responses'.
The EMS is both interactive and dynamic, so it provides you with real-time exception information and allows you to communicate your instructions for those that require your response directly to the requesting delivery depot or office.
- How often should I check the exceptions management solution (EMS)?
If the exceptions page is left open, then it will automatically refresh every five minutes. The delivery depots or offices can enter a new exception at any point, so check at least once or twice per day to ensure you capture all deliveries.
- Can more than one person use the system at the same time?
Yes, as many people as you want to can log on at any one time. Each new person who logs on will be asked for their name and contact details so that replies to the exceptions they are dealing with will be forwarded to them.
- The exceptions management solution (EMS) has changed; how does it now work?
Our online EMS has been enhanced to make it clearer and easier to use. It has also been extended to include international delivery exceptions, so all consignments shipped via the Classic and Air Express services will be listed too.
All the exceptions are now organised under separate tabs:
- Requires your response - This list contains consignments that we are unable to deliver, for example if the consignment has been refused, if there is an address query, if there has been no response to calling cards, or if the consignment has been held in Customs for a specific reason. As the shipper, we require your instructions as to what to do next; in this tab you will be able to advise us of these.
- Outstanding instructions - Once you have provided a response, the consignment will be listed in this tab with its latest tracking status. The EMS provides dynamic status updates, so once we have carried out your instructions, for example to redeliver or return the consignment, it will no longer be listed and the message will close.
- For your information - This tab gives a proactive notification of any delays that have been incurred during the consignment's transit and that consequently may mean that the consignment will not be delivered within its expected service lead time. Common reasons may be: initial delivery attempts which fail because the consignee is absent, mislabels, misroutes, airline delays and regulation Customs delays.
You do not need to respond to these exceptions, but you may want to tell your consignee that the consignment has been delayed.
- Unresolved collections - Collections that fail because there is nothing to collect or the collection is carded are listed for you here. In some cases, you will be given the option to rebook the previously failed collection with one click of a button.
The consignments listed in the EMS can now be filtered by exception group to make it easier for you to view and action the information. Simply tick the categories you want to see to define your view.
- For how long are the exceptions listed?
The exceptions which require a response will be listed for 48 hours for you to action. Exceptions posted for your proactive information will automatically refresh once the issue has been resolved and the tracking status updated.
- What happens to my consignment if I do not or am unable to respond?
For UK and classic EU shipments, parcels may be returned to the sender if no response is received. (For Air Express or non-EU classic shipments, there may be both return flight cost implications of returning consignments and costs for releasing consignments from the Customs process.) Our International Customer Service team will follow up the exception on your behalf after 48 hours has elapsed. International Customer Services will be made aware by our in-country office that a response is required and will contact you by phone or email to assist you in resolving the issue and obtain your instruction.
- I used to receive an email each day with international delivery exceptions; will the exceptions management solution (EMS) now replace this, and can I still receive my email?
The emailed report is an historical snapshot of those consignments which have encountered a delivery exception for the date given, i.e. yesterday, last week and so on. This report will continue to be available however the newEMSshould be your primary and preferred source of delivery exception information.TheEMSis a real-time solution which provides you with up-to-date information and also, most crucially, allows you to interact directly with the depot or office which is requesting the instruction.
- What response options are available?
There is the possibility to respond in one of five ways:
- Redeliver to same address
- Redeliver to an alternative address
- Return to consignor
- Other instructions
- Call me regarding this exception
1. Redeliver to the same address allows you to transmit a request for a new delivery attempt and indicate a date for this to take place. Please be aware, however, that the date you request is only given as a guide, as working days in different countries may differ.
2. Redeliver to an alternative address allows you to request delivery to a different address than the one consigned on the shipment. This address, however, must be within the same destination country as originally requested, and the delivery may incur an additional delivery charge. This request allows you to indicate a date to deliver to the new address; however this can only be requested as a guide, particularly if the shipment needs to be moved to a different depot in the country.
3. Return to consignor instructions for Air Express shipments will incur an additional freight charge. Once you have submitted this request, a member of our International Customer Service team will contact you regarding this additional charge to obtain your formal authorisation. Please also be aware that if you issue a return instruction for classic shipments, you should allow the outbound transit time; for example, for France this is two days plus a further 24-48 hours for the return back into the UK or Ireland.
4. Other instructions is a free text box which allows you to transmit specific details or instructions relating to a redelivery attempt; for example, you may want to provide a door access code or simply a telephone number for the recipient.
5. Call me regarding this exception - if none of the response options is relevant for your consignment, then by selecting this option you can request one of our dedicated Customer Service team to call you back.
- What happens once I have responded?
Once you have submitted a response, the details will be transmitted directly to our relevant in-country office or country for action. Please bear in mind that dependant on the different time zones, your instruction may not be carried out the same day but carry over until the next working day for that country. You will be able to track the progress of your consignment until successful delivery or return, via the exceptions management solution (EMS). The message itself will move from the 'Requires your responses' tab to the 'Items with Outstanding Instructions' tab where it will remain until we have carried out your instruction.
- If I have more than one account, how will I see all the details?
If you need to view more than one account via the exceptions management solution (EMS), we can enable this. Please contact your account manager or our Sales Support team for more information.
- How do I prevent former employees from using their user name and password?
Users are empowered to change their passwords online. It is therefore your company's responsibility to entrust the use of the login details to individuals it feels will use them correctly.
- Can We Deliver to a PO Box Address?