a) The Company's charges for carriage and other services shall be payable by the Customer; however, the Company shall also have the right to demand and obtain payment from the sender or the consignee, if different from the Customer, or from any other person who may be liable to pay the charges.
b) Payment of the Company's charges is due no later than the date specified on the Company's invoice/statements or such other period as may be expressly agreed with the Customer in writing by the relevant manager. In the event of payment not being received by the Company within the agreed terms of payment specified in Condition 8 (a), the Company reserves the right to charge interest on all outstanding amounts at the rate of 3% per year above the Barclays Bank base rate accruing daily.
c) Except when the quotation states otherwise, all quotations based on a weight rate, that weight shall be gross weight. When the volume of the goods exceeds:
- (i) 6 cubic meters per tonne for goods consigned within mainland UK;
- (ii) 4 cubic meters per tonne for goods consigned outside mainland UK; and
- (iii) 3 cubic meters per tonne for all air express services
the Company will charge by volume.
d) Note: This condition (d) shall not apply where the Customer is dealing with the Company as a consumer.
A claim or counterclaim by the Customer shall not be made the reason for deferring or withholding payment or monies payable, or for refusing to reimburse liabilities incurred by the Company.
e) The Company shall be entitled at any time and from time to time to increase the Company's charges for carriage or other services by giving to the customer not less than 7 days prior to written notice to accord with increases in relevant costs of the Company's business such as, but not limited to, fuel, licence fees, labour.
f) The Company reserves the right to charge a fee of £15 to the customer for any goods which require booking in at the delivery point.
g) All amounts payable by the Customer are subject to Value Added Tax at the current rate.
h) In the event that the Company pays or agrees to pay to any third party and duty and/or taxes and/or levy in respect of any Customers' goods;
- (i) the company shall do so on the sole basis that in doing so it is acting as the Customer's fully authorised agent;
- (ii) whether or not delivery of the goods is made to the address to which they are consigned, immediately upon receipt of the Company's duty invoice in respect of such duty and/or tax and/or levy the Customer shall settle such duty invoice in full;
- (iii) in the event of any Customer failing to comply strictly with sub-clause (h)(ii) above, the Company shall be at full liberty to deal with the goods in accordance with Condition 15.
i) In respect of goods being carried outside of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, the Customer shall pay to the Company any unusual expenses incurred by the Company as a result of it conveying the goods.
j) If the goods are not ready for collection by the Company at the price and time agreed the Company will make a charge for "Nothing to Collect".